Avoid delays in deliveries by using the correct barcode
Have you ever been frustrated because your tracking status has not been updated in the system or your parcels have been delayed? You can reduce the number of parcels that need to be handled manually by ensuring that barcodes are correct and that labels are properly attached.
If there is something wrong with the barcode on a label and it cannot be automatically scanned, it has to be taken off the conveyor belt and handled manually. This causes disruptions in production and may result in delayed delivery. It may also mean that you will not find the tracking status for the parcel as quickly as you normally would.
The extra costs that occur for manually handling the parcels will be charged to the sender at the rates specified in the price list for our supplements and other additional services. Here are some simple steps you can take to avoid such issues and costs.
How to avoid barcode problems
- Check that your label printer is working properly. If the quality of the barcode is poor or white stripes are clearly visible along the label, the printer should be serviced or replaced. Make sure that the barcode is not printed too close to the edge (information may be lost).
- Give the teams who package and label your parcels a run-through of how barcodes should be positioned to enable automatic scanning:
- - Make sure labels are not creased
- - Do not place the label over a seam or fold it over the edge of the parcel
The barcode must not be hidden. This means:
- - Do not cover the barcode with other labels
- - Do not cover it with a plastic strap
- - Do not cover it with tape or protective material
- - Make sure that the barcode is not wrapped in clingfilm or covered by loose-fitting plastic
- - Do not cover the label with shiny, reflective plastic
The entire label with its barcode must be correctly positioned on the parcel and be visible from one side.
It is very important that the barcode is correct to avoid unnecessary delays in delivery. With these simple routines in place, we can work together to ensure that your parcels quickly and correctly reach their correct destination.
Helps you with how to pack and package smartly, safely and cost-effectively. In order for your goods to arrive undamaged, it is important that you pack and package correctly.
How to package a parcel to withstand transport and handling
To be sure that your shipment is protected during the entire transport, good quality packaging is absolutely crucial.
7 tips for packing and shipping your goods efficiently
It is worth spending time choosing the correct packaging and using smart shipping methods. These simple tips and tricks will help you cut costs, save time spent on packing and offer the best form of protection for your shipment.